First things first, I’m so excited to share my first post with all you lovely people. 🙂
Who doesn’t enjoy birthdays, right? And when it comes to close friends, hand-made cards mean so much more! They are really personal unlike the ones picked up off a shelf. You can also theme them based on your friend’s likes and preferences. So here’s my idea of a really simple B-day card that will, for sure, make your buddy happy!
- Card Stock
- Gifts/Balloons shaped paper cut-outs
- White A4 sheet
- Hole Punch
- Acrylic Paints
- Glitter pens
- Choose an appropriate sized card stock. I recently picked up some textured sheets from a store. They look more fun, so I have glued one of them on the top side of my card.
- I was short of time, so I have used paper cut outs of gifts and the ‘Happy Birthday’ text for the front side. You can also make them yourself by drawing your shapes on regular paper, colouring them and cutting them out.
- Arrange all your cut-out shapes on the card the way you like and glue them together.
- This completes the front side.
- For the Birthday message, you can either choose to have a folding card where the inside will have the message, or you could make a simple double-sided card like I have done.
- On the back side, write down your personalised birthday wish using glitter pens of your choice.
For the extra pop of colour:
- Paint blocks of metallic colours/glitters on the A4 sheets.
- Fold each and punch holes to get the coloured dots.
- Glue them around your birthday message.
Tip: Laminate your card to keep it safe and new.
Hope you liked this! Would love to hear your ideas too! 🙂