Valentine’s day is just a couple of days away! For those who like to make this day special, gifting self-made cards is a great choice. I have for you ideas of three easy cards which are perfect not just for your valentine but all your loved ones! You can make these with basic stationery supplies. Choose your favourite and get started 🙂
YOU WILL NEED:
- Card Stock
- Acrylic Paints
- Heart shaped Paper Doily
- Glitter pens
- Cotton balls
- Paint the doily in a colour of your choice. Bold pinks say ‘Its Valentine’s Day!’ 🙂
- Choose an appropriate size and cut out the cards in a square dimension. My cards measure 3″ * 3″.
- Stick the doily in the centre of the card.
- For the border design, use a cotton ball dipped in acrylic paint and dab it along the edges.
- Based on your choice, you can repeat the above step with another layer of colour.
- And you are done!
- Use the Gold Glitter gel pen and draw small hearts at random places. If you like it to be orderly, draw with a pencil first.
- Dip the cotton ball first in pink and then in the gold paint. Metallic paints look pretty, but regular ones will do too.
- Slowly dab them along the edges for the distressed effect. Make sure that the border is evenly wide.
- The card is ready!
- For this card, you will need a heart shaped stencil. If you don’t manage to find one, you can make your own!
- Cut a square piece of paper a little smaller in dimensions than your card. I used 2.8″ * 2.8″. You might want to use a thick sheet of paper so that the stencil stays in place while you paint.
- Fold the paper in half. Draw half a heart along the folded edge and cut it out. Open the paper and your stencil is ready!
- Place the stencil in the middle of the card, leaving even space around it.
- You will need 2 paints. Dip the cotton ball in the first colour and dab it inside the stencil.
- Let it dry. Dip it in the second colour and press it over the first layer randomly.
- Run the cotton over the left out space around the stencil to make the border.
- Your card is ready!
Tip: My hands got messy with coloured cotton. If you don’t like that, you can secure the cotton ball on an ear bud with a band and use that. 🙂
Complete your card with a beautiful message on the inside.
Hope you enjoyed the post! If you do try these, let me know how it turned out 🙂