Welcome to my next post! This is a DIY baby journal that I made for my cousin, who recently had a baby girl (my cutest niece btw 🙂 ). I wanted to share it with you guys because its simple to make and came out really well.
- A laptop/computer
- Handmade or textured sheet of paper
- Wool/Embroidery threads
- A Hole punch
- I designed the pages using MS Power point. The reason I chose this is – it lets me create all pages in a uniform format, add custom background colours and images, and looks very professional.
- Choose and include all the ‘first times’ of the babies that parents would love to record. For ideas, see the pictures below.
- Print these slides on good quality bond sheets. The perfect size would be to print two slides/page but you can choose larger sizes if you want to decorate the pages with greater details and images.
The journal pages:
- Cut the printed slides neatly along the borders.
- Cut and make cards from the textured paper with dimensions 0.5-1 inch greater than the printed slide.
- Stick the slides on the textured sheets.
Putting them together:
- Punch two holes on the side of each page, making sure that they align for all the pages.
- Run a thick thread through all pages, one hole at a time, and tie knots. Choose a pretty thread and tie a flower knot so that it looks neat.
We are done! 🙂
This is one of the perfect gifts for soon-to-be moms. Let me know if you liked this in the comments below. Have a great day everyone!